Articles on this Page
- 10/15/15--06:21: _Innovation Intern (...
- 10/15/15--10:41: _Bilingual Support A...
- 10/16/15--12:42: _Part-Time Student -...
- 10/19/15--11:21: _The News-Gazette Fe...
- 10/21/15--09:47: _Director of Researc...
- 10/21/15--09:50: _Electrical Engineer
- 10/22/15--17:21: _Capital One Opens t...
- 10/23/15--14:54: _Development Engineer
- 10/24/15--22:00: _Hadoop Product Engi...
- 10/27/15--13:53: _Backend Developer
- 10/27/15--13:59: _Software Engineer P...
- 10/27/15--14:08: _Principal SW Engine...
- 10/27/15--14:15: _Business Positions ...
- 10/27/15--14:22: _Technical Director
- 10/27/15--14:43: _Software Engineer D...
- 10/27/15--14:45: _Ameren's Mary Heger...
- 10/27/15--15:03: _Web Developer
- 10/27/15--20:09: _Lead/Senior Softwar...
- 10/27/15--20:17: _Technical Solutions...
- 10/28/15--07:23: _Android Mobile App ...
- 10/15/15--06:21: Innovation Intern (Spring, Summer Internships!)
- Research and develop the latest software and hardware technology as needed by specific business segments and directed by business needs.
- Research and test advanced business and modeling tools for business/finance application.
- Assist software/hardware development and support by creating requirements, definition/specification for new applications, or enhancements to existing Company systems.
- Design specific software/hardware components to meet various business needs.
- Provide technical assistance to developmental projects within Company segments.
- Create and deliver reports and presentations of project work and results.
- Registered as a full-time student at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Completion of 40 college credit hours toward a Bachelor of Science degree required, Electrical Engineering, Computing Science, or Computer Engineering majors are highly preferred. Will consider other majors based on experience and background.
- Junior, Senior or Master’s student status preferred
- A cumulative GPA of 2.8 required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong research and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team required.
- Good communication skills required.
- 10/15/15--10:41: Bilingual Support Associate
- Must speak fluent Spanish as well as English
- Must be an excellent writer in Spanish and English
- Domestic and International Travel
- The person in this position frequently communicates with academics and other publishing professionals who might have questions regarding attending conferences, submitting work, and/or submitted work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to focus simultaneously on short and long-term projects
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite; comprehensive knowledge of Word and Excel
- Interest in academic publishing and event planning
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, and talk or hear
- Constantly operates a computer and/or other office equipment
- Assists in creation of internal and external promotional pieces
- Coordinates on-site registration and payment procedures
- Assist with solicitation of new sponsorship and partnership activities
- Manages customer inquiries through phone and email
- Develops protocols for dealing with customer inquiries
- Creates and maintains internal Spanish conference sites
- Update proposal deadlines on Spanish conference web sites
- Collaborate articles and updates (email, social media, etc.) regarding organization's promotional activities, and ensures adherence to corporate identity standards
- Guide journal articles through the various production phases, including editorial quality checks, peer review, typesetting, and online/print publication
- Assign peer referees to journal submissions
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Publishing and Conferencing
- 10/16/15--12:42: Part-Time Student - IT Finance - Champaign, IL-50649192
- Review and approval software requests via JDSRS (John Deere Software Request System)
- Monitor and triage batch jobs
- Synchronize SAP Organizational Hierarchy items
- Execute data archiving and analysis processes
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Graduation date of May 2017 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- A basic understanding DB2, JCL and ESP
- 10/19/15--11:21: The News-Gazette Features Scott Daigle of Intelliwheels
- 10/21/15--09:47: Director of Research and Development
- 10/21/15--09:50: Electrical Engineer
- 10/22/15--17:21: Capital One Opens the Illinois Digital Campus Lab at Research Park
- 10/23/15--14:54: Development Engineer
- 10/24/15--22:00: Hadoop Product Engineering
- 10/27/15--13:53: Backend Developer
- Work experience and a BS in a software development focused curriculum.
- General understanding and strong interest in web application development.
- Experience defining, creating, and migrating data models.
- Self-motivated, organized, and resourceful with a desire to have fun and work hard.
- Exceptional aptitude in implementing technical systems from design documentation.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- 10/27/15--13:59: Software Engineer Protocols
Lead and develop new features for the product
Improve product performance
Contribute towards product design
Explore industry and academic research to apply new ideas
Support existing software bases
Demonstrated ability to lead development in small teams
Strong software design, development and debugging skills
Strong background in data structures and algorithms
Good understanding of system internals
Self-motivated with strong problem solving ability
Experience with layer 7 protocols
Packet trace analysis
Asynchronous event model programming
Relaxed work environment - t-shirt and jeans, free snacks
Sharing ideas and keeping current - weekly paper discussions
Working on what you care about - Fix It Days and Hackathons
Celebrating and having fun - release parties and social events
- 10/27/15--14:08: Principal SW Engineer, Content Delivery Network
Have administered or developed systems that use Apache Traffic Server
Have administration or development experience with other common web servers like Nginx, Squid, etc.
Have designed, implemented and optimized algorithms to improve networking and edge datacenter and server selection
Have analyzed and improved efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
Have designed and developed tools for collecting and analyzing server data so as to help plan future design and expansion of the CDN infrastructure
Have a solid understanding of large scale, widely distributed system performance, disk/memory tradeoffs, and caching
Thrive in a cross functional team on high profile, critical projects with high reliability and performance requirements
Design key components of the system and for establishing consensus for your designs
Implement such designs while guiding and mentoring the less experienced engineers who assist you
Ensure that the quality and performance of the components developed are exceptional and meet the required SLAs
Work closely with other members of the Engineering team, as well as members of the Testing and Operations teams to solve thorny issues
Develop robust, scalable infrastructure platforms that are fundamental for many Yahoo use cases. As a result, you will get opportunities to interact with many Yahoo engineers.
Interact closely with Yahoo's internal community of architects
Take a prominent role in interacting with the Apache Traffic Server open source community.
A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science with 7+ years of industry experience, a MS CS with 5+ years, or a PhD CS with 2+ years.
Extensive industry experience writing C/C++ in a UNIX or Linux environment
- 10/27/15--14:15: Business Positions at Veriflow Systems, Inc.
- 10/27/15--14:22: Technical Director
- 10/27/15--14:43: Software Engineer Data Systems
Be part of team designing new Big Data systems/features, increasing performance, automating processes, forecasting loading, designing and implementing tools for large data set issue analysis and verification. Our environment runs within Yahoo’s Hadoop Grid using both Java Map/Reduce and PIG languages as well as shell scripting, Python, Java, and mobile application development.
Production support: troubleshoot, report, and prioritize operational issues with multiple Big Data production pipelines
Performance Engineering: Investigating and comparing Big Data infrastructural changes for improved performance and data throughput
Big Data Design Engineering: Work with development team to help them create highly reliable data applications
Analyzing Big Data job performance and efficiency to meet our ongoing business demands
Automation Engineering: Improve and promote operational scalability and standardization through statistics and machine learning
Act as a liaison between the different tiered support teams for operability/site-up issue escalation and monitoring
Actively pursuing or hold a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major, Must have GPA of 3.5+ and strong record of academic achievement
Knowledge of software engineering: processes, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language (Java, C++), methods
Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed computing systems
Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
Solid written and verbal communication skills
Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking skills
Excellent team working capability
Experience using UNIX/Linux systems a plus
Experience with development in Java a plus
Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop grid clustering technology a plus
Familiarity with monitoring applications like Nagios/Netcool/Moog
Experience working in large-scale production deployments is a plus ( Chef, screwdriver)
Ability to take on lead role on technical projects is a huge plus
- Experience with UI development, nodeJS is a plus
- 10/27/15--15:03: Web Developer
- MS SQL
- Complete new projects within specified time frames
- Respond to changing priorities from clients and other internal departments at FASS
- Interpret and anticipate client needs
- Creatively and efficiently solve problems and develop workarounds
- 10/27/15--20:09: Lead/Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
- Degree in Computer Science from a top tier school
- 3+ years of software development experience
- High degree of comfort in Java or other object-oriented language
- Knowledge of application frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with database technologies
- Familiarity with the MVC pattern and dependency injection
- Keen sense of information architecture and visual design
- Motivated by writing fast, scalable code with testability in mind
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with highly scalable and high performance web application architecture
- Excited by working in a fast-paced environment
- Serve as technical/development lead on key product initiatives.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior engineers
- Influence and evangelize new software technologies to other team members
- Work closely with other software development leads to make technical recommendations and decisions
- Experimenting with new ways of visualizing large amounts of data
- Continuous usability improvements on complex workflows
- Ensure our technology stack stays current.
- Passionate about web based enterprise applications
- 10/27/15--20:17: Technical Solutions Engineer / Sr. Technical Solutions Engineer
- Achieve expert level end-to-end understanding of the Turn product suite
- In-depth diagnosis of incoming technical support cases that have been escalated to tier 3; duties include deep-dive code investigations, access server logs, executing SQL queries, running map-reduce jobs
- Coordinate with engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- Develop tools to improve the team's efficiency, fix bugs, develop new custom features
- Partner with clients to understand and develop customized engineering solutions per their online-marketing product and usability requirements
- Participate in design review meetings with product and engineering teams to provide feedback and insight on upcoming product plans
- Mentor and collaborate with TSEs and Customer Success teams
- 1 – 3+ years of relevant work experience; or BA/BS degree in CS, Engineering, or related field; or
- Good programming skills in Java preferred or C++/C#
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (RDBMS) and experience in generating and executing SQL. Oracle is preferred or MySQL
- Experience with Linux development environment is highly desired
- Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work
- Flexible and responsive to dynamic situations and changing priorities; eager to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to help make projects and clients successful
- Dedicated, team oriented, creative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Ability to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience related to ad serving and on-line marketing technology an asset
- 10/28/15--07:23: Android Mobile App Developer Intern
Location: Research Park at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
If you would like to be considered for these internships, Please apply online at www.ameren.com/careers and refer to job ID # 14370. (Must apply online to be considered).
At Ameren’s brand new Innovation Center, you will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that fosters innovation and collaboration. The Innovation Intern position leads/assists challenging projects, or conducts research in areas of advanced technology that contributes toward the Company’s strategic investment in forward-thinking initiatives. Interns gain valuable work experience in various aspects of technology research & development within a large energy company.
Projects may include:
The Innovation Intern works part-time or full-time in an office environment at the Research Park of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) campus, but may also need to work off-site dependent upon project needs. Terms will approximately coincide with Spring, Summer and Fall Semesters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Common Ground Publishing, an academic publisher based in Champaign, IL, seeks a Spanish speaking Support Associate. The Support Associate is responsible for supporting the planning and executing of Common Ground's Spanish conferences, including registration support, promotion, and development of partnerships.
Common Ground Publishing organizes 24 English academic conferences and 5 partnering Spanish conferences around the world and publishes interdisciplinary academic journals and books. For more information about our company, please visit www.commongroundpublishing.com. If interested in this position, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume by October 23rd, 2015. The position could possibly be filled prior to October 23rd. Early submission is advised.
Position: Support Associate
Benefits Eligible: Yes**
**Common Ground offers 100% company paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Company matching 401k program, vacation, sick and personal time off, and a competitive salary.
Note: This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
*Common Ground Publishing is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status.
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
What You’ll Do
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff, and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule. In this position you will:
We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will be pursuing a degree in Computer Science; others may qualify.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Part-time employees receive competitive compensation and are eligible for many benefits, including tuition assistance.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
PhotoniCare, Inc. is a medical device manufacturer located in Champaign, IL. Our mission is to improve child health and reduce healthcare costs by empowering physicians with better information. We are starting by developing technology that will change the standard of care for middle ear disease.
Summary: We are currently seeking a Director of Research and Development to lead product development for our first line of products.
• Oversee development of complete integrated systems from alpha prototypes through commercialization.
• Manage a team of engineers to execute key goals related to product development.
• Work closely with outside partners to integrate key subsystems.
• Coordinate with quality systems manager to ensure proper design document control and testing.
• Coordinate with manufacturer and regulatory manager to ensure FDA-compliant development.
• Oversee and coordinate proposal submissions for research funding.
• Serve as primary contact between research staff and administration
• BS in Electrical, Optical, or Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
• 3+ years experience in hardware product development (medical device preferred). • Experience integrating complex systems that combine optical, electrical, and software subsystems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with GMP and working within a quality management system.
• Experience developing products in a regulated clinical environment.
This is a full-time position in Champaign, IL. PhotoniCare offers a fun and exciting work environment, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. Unfamiliar with the Champaign-Urbana area? Check out the following website: http://www.yourewelcomecu.com
Please respond with resume and three (3) references to email@example.com.
PhotoniCare, Inc. is a medical device manufacturer located in Champaign, IL. Our
mission is to improve child health and reduce healthcare costs by empowering
physicians with better information. We are starting by developing technology that will
change the standard of care for middle ear disease.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to advance development of commercial
• Development of key subsystems for clinical imaging products.
• Development of new product feature sets and design improvements.
• Define and document subsystem requirements and benchmark testing.
• Bench test new ideas and contribute to concept generation.
• BS (MS/PhD also encouraged) in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
• Experience developing imaging or sensing systems.
• Experience in control and modeling software, such as Matlab, LabVIEW, Zemax,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with GMP and working within a quality management system is a
plus, but not required.
• Experience developing products in a regulated clinical environment is a plus, but
This is a full-time position in Champaign, IL. PhotoniCare offers a fun and exciting
work environment, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Unfamiliar with the Champaign-Urbana area? Check out the following website:
Please respond with resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Illinois, Capital One Celebrate the Opening of the Illinois Digital Campus Lab at Research Park
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (Oct. 23, 2015) – The University of Illinois and Capital One (DOW: COF), today announced the grand opening of the Capital One Illinois Digital Campus Lab in Research Park. The Digital Campus Lab is Capital One’s newest lab and the company’s first partnership with a university.
The Lab will focus on research and experimentation in data science and data technologies as well as on infrastructure automation and use of the most modern programming frameworks and technologies such as Open Source, Big Data, Cloud, DevOps, among others. University of Illinois students, both undergraduate and graduate, will work year-round in the Lab.
“Engineering is a critical focus for Capital One and we’re attracting top talent – designers, software engineers, data scientists and product managers – and empowering them with the technologies they need to rapidly innovate based on what consumers want today,” said George Brady, Executive Vice President of Technology Operations at Capital One.
The new Lab extends Capital One’s presence in Illinois, where it has a large facility in the Chicago area. The Digital Campus Lab will leverage the strength of data analytics research and education at the University of Illinois, which crosses many disciplines including computer science, math and statistics, finance, and information science.
“With the opening of this Lab, Capital One has shown a commitment to providing real-world opportunities to our students as they apply in real time what they are learning in the classroom,” said interim Chancellor Barbara Wilson. “Adding a customer-facing corporation to the Research Park broadens the experiences our students may tap, enriching their Illinois education.”
The University of Illinois Research Park is home to innovation centers for multinational corporations and publicly traded firms including ADM, Dow Chemical, John Deere, Yahoo!, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Caterpillar, State Farm, Citrix, Raytheon, and Abbott.
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A., and Capital One Bank (USA), N.A., had $208.8 billion in deposits and $310.5 billion in total assets as of June 30, 2015. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients through a variety of channels. Capital One, N.A. has branches located primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “COF” and is included in the S&P 100 index.
Yahoo! Hadoop Product Engineering team is searching for Engineers to join Yahoo to help
build, update, maintain, and monitor our Hadoop open source systems (e.g. Hadoop
Core, Hbase, Storm, Oozie, etc.). These systems consists of tens of thousands of
computers, petabytesof data, spread across multiple datacenters. If you are
looking to work on large scale systems and to learn what BIG Data really means
then Yahoo! is the place for you!
* Invent better ways to manage/automate the administration of new and existing
clusters, via scripting and tools development
* Consider, propose, and implement new methods for system deployment,
monitoring, management and automation
* Collaborate with cross-functional organizations (engineering, qa, site
operations,and security) on new products/feature design and/or diagnosis
of problems with the production systems
* Real-time problem diagnosis/resolution on live systems
* Monitor cluster health and performance, use critical thinking to find areas
* Coordinate efforts with your peers in Bangalore
* Document processes, grids, systems, and their associated configurations
* Hardware and facility capacity planning, provisioning new resources
* Implement and adhere to security policies and processes/controls
* Participate in a group pager rotation for emergencies
* Proven experience as a Unix systems engineer.
* Skilled in monitoring systems such as Nagios, Munin, Icinga, etc.
* Experience in using one or more configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet/Quattor)
* Network skills in DNS, network stack, and subnets.
* Experienced operating large installations of systems.
* Strong shell scripting skills in one or more of Perl, Python, bash etc.
* Experience designing large deployments integrating a variety of hardware
and software technologies
* Demonstrated team experience managing complex production server
environments including direct administration of Unix systems
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining
simple procedures in writing or verbally
* Experience managing Apache Open Source projects Hadoop Core, Hbase, Storm, and Oozie
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
* BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* Minimum 6 years experience as a Unix systems engineer / systems administrator with
at least 2 years in an Internet related business
* Experience with LDAP and Kerberos a plus
* 2+ years experience operating large installations of systems
* Knowledge and work experience with Java, Cluster computing platforms like Hadoop,
Condor, Torque, Maui / Moab, Sun Grid Engine
Software Engineer, Protocols
Location: Champaign, IL
The enterprise network is evolving. There are more applications in more places than ever before. Trends in cloud services, hybrid networks, and broad globalization are increasing the complexity of network management. Network operators need tools that help them understand what's happening in the network and provide actionable information so they can ensure the best possible experience for their end-users.
Riverbed's SteelHead appliance is also evolving. In addition to being the industry leading WAN Optimization Controller, SteelHead has a broad footprint in our customers' networks and a deep knowledge of network applications that make it an ideal platform for monitoring network performance. By continually measuring how end-users are experiencing the performance of the network SteelHead can provide insight into performance changes over time that, when combined with the centralized monitoring of SteelCentral, provides actionable information to network operators in real-time.
About this Position:
We are looking for candidates who like to work on cutting edge technology and solve tough problems while adding new features and improviing the performance of our main product, SteelHead.
What you'll do:
What you should have:
What will help you further:
We think the job would require an MS or higher degree in CS or EE, but we are open to candidates with the equivalent skills. We have a supportive environment with a very well equipped lab and custom written software tools to help you succeed.
Riverbed® is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world’s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed’s 26,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100. Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications. Learn more at www.riverbed.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
A Little About Us
The Yahoo CDN Engineering Group writes the code that runs Yahoo's internal content delivery network (CDN). We develop the open source Apache Traffic Server as well as internal solutions for content caching, edge security, traffic shaping and routing, load balancing and failover, and IPv6 translation. Our code makes Yahoo fast and reliable!
A Lot About You
You Must Have
Position: Technical Director
Location: Champaign, Il
Riverbed® is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
Riverbed Technology is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for location-independent computing. Location-independent computing turns location and distance into a competitive advantage by giving IT the flexibility to host applications and data in the most optimal locations while ensuring applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues are detected and fixed before end users notice. Riverbed’s 24,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 95% of the Forbes Global 100.
We are looking for a talented Technical Director for our Champaign Illinois facility. The Technical Director will be a well-rounded senior level candidate who can take on specific projects as needed. This position will report to the Champaign office Site Director and have high visibility to upper management as you help shape our future.
· You should be able to integrate yourself into specific teams as needed to make recommendations on the future direction of software development efforts.
· You should be able to quickly come up to speed on the work/technology being used by that team.
· You should keep yourself updated on trends and emerging technologies that might be beneficial to Riverbed development efforts.
· You should excel at making recommendations for improvements in performance, process and uniformity across teams.
· You should possess superior communication skills and thrive in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
· You should be able to demonstrate extensive experience with software systems architecture.
· You should be able to compose advanced software designs using idiomatic C++ and implement them in C++11 and/or C++14.
· You should possess a thorough understanding of Linux and computer networking.
· You should have a BS in CS or ECE and 10+ years of systems level software development experience.
· A self- motivated technologist that keeps up to date on current technology will be most successful in this role
· Education: MS or PhD in CS or ECE is highly preferred
The WAN Optimization Group
The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. When you join the WAN Optimization Group, you’ll have a hand in creating the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You’ll work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses, and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group’s industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHeadTM CX, SteelHeadTM EX, SteelHeadTM SaaS, SteelCentralTM Controller for SteelHeadTM, and SteelHeadTM Interceptor.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you’re a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion-dollar-plus San Francisco-based company, then you should consider Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor “Employees’ Choice” award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #17 overall and #9 among technology companies. Additionally, we’ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to our collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!
Additional information about Riverbed is available at www.riverbed.com We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
At Yahoo’s Champaign , IL office we are currently looking for a talented and motivated Production Engineers to join us.
A Little About Us
In this position, you will work on the Yahoo data processing infrastructure part of User Data and Analytics team in the University of Illinois Research Park in Champaign, IL. Our team structure encourages trust, learning from one another, having fun, and attracting people who are passionate about what they do.
A Lot About You
If you are looking to launch your career, what better place than Yahoo. We are looking for great talented Software Developers that can contribute to the development of more efficient next-generation products. If you are excited about working on cutting edge problems with Big Data projects - Performance modeling, Automated Launching, System Monitoring and Machine Learning advancements, this is the place to be. We are looking for problem solvers, the capability to work independently as well as with a team, and the willingness to learn.
You Must Have
Ameren Vice President and CIO Mary Heger was named a leader in STEM by STEM Connector for her success within the company. In her essay for STEM Connector, Mary highlights how the University of Illinois and Research Park have helped Ameren to continue to excel and grow.
Writes Mary Heger: "The Research Park provides an opportunity for technology-based businesses to collaborate with students and faculty. The University of Illinois at UrbanaChampaign’s College of Engineering is among the highest ranked in the nation, and is highly sought after as a partner for pursuing information security for the energy industry. Since its opening, the Ameren Innovation Center has been collaborating with university students and faculty and other companies across multiple industries at the Research Park.
"This really is all about our customers: The goal is to foster an exploratory environment that focuses on innovations to help Ameren better meet the future needs of our customers in Missouri and Illinois. It can’t be overstated why we are doing this: By fostering an innovative and collaborative environment at a world-class research university with access to top students and faculty, we can better leverage information technology to seize business opportunities and improve our customer satisfaction."
Mary also discussed Ameren's plans to expand their research at their Innovation Center at Research Park.
"We also plan to grow our projects at the Innovation Center to expand data analytics research. There are several active projects that can be applied immediately to enhance both customer and operational insights. A mobile application development center will be created to support our customer’s needs of getting information in real-time and on the go. And we’ll continue research in cybersecurity to ensure the safety and security of our assets and our customer data, as we all know data security is paramount in today’s environment.
"Ameren has long backed a variety of academic research around energy-related technologies, and we’re pleased to support an acclaimed institute such as University of Illinois. Its special interest in science, engineering and business curricula intersects with our goal to support the development of tomorrow’s workforce in the energy sector."
This is not the first time Mary has been recognized for her career excellence. She has received the "Leader of Distinction" from the YWCA in 2010, and was recoginized by Diversity Journal as among their list of "Women Worth Watching" in 2011. In 2013, she was named one of the most influential business women in St. Louis by the St. Louis Business Journal, and received Maryville University's Deans' Award in the School of Business in 2014.
The IT Department at FASS is adding a Web Developer position as the result of requests for additional services from our clients. We are seeking an IT professional with 1-3 years' experience in designing, editing, and updating websites and applications.
We are seeking candidates who have proven skills in
Familiarity with Web CMS and experience with Classic ASP, PHP, and Android/iOS development would be beneficial.
The Web Developer position at FASS will
We need a team member who can work autonomously and on a team, who stays abreast of new technology and can articulate the advantages and disadvantages of its use, and who brings a fresh perspective.
FASS provides publication, membership, accounting, convention management, and IT services to the animal science community.
We have a casual work environment and flexible work schedule. This position must work on site, however, due to small staff, changing priorities, and tight deadlines. A minor amount of travel may be required.
Our benefits and compensation are competitive within our industry and community.
Resumes must be received no later than October 2, 2015.
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Champaign, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and São Paulo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @TurnPlatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
About the Position
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our growing Applications team, responsible for all of the client-facing components here at Turn. You should be motivated by leading and evangelizing new software technologies, providing technical mentorship to junior engineers, designing and implementing high performance multi-tiered web-based enterprise applications that are used to manage hundreds of millions of dollars in digital marketing spend around the globe.
The Applications team works closely with the Product Management and User Experience teams to jointly design our products. Our work process is a nice blend of agile and design-oriented development which puts the customer experience first and foremost. You may deal with projects such as optimizing user experience page load latency perception, or complex data visualization on large amount of data.
At Turn, what you build has impact on millions and works to better the Internet. You’ll do this in one of the fastest growing companies in the Silicon Valley, with a culture that promotes innovation, freedom, growth, and humor. You’ll work with people who are as passionate about enterprise web applications as you are, along with leading experts in distributed computing, data mining, and machine learning who build our backend platform.
We are very passionate about what we do here, and at the same time have fun doing what we love. Various company and team events/outings provide a good mix of work and play. We all need to chill out every once in a while and have fun with our fellow team members.
Location: Champaign, Illinois; On the University of Illinois campus in the Research Park
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits.
Please apply on the Turn Careers site at: http://jobsco.re/1GgwSsJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer (TSE), you will be an integral member of our engineering team, responsible for investigating incoming product matters/escalations for successful resolution and developing customized engineering projects derived from our clients’ online-marketing requirements. Through working closely with our software engineers and product teams, you will gain a unique end-to-end perspective of the Turn product suite. Your contribution will be valuable to not only our internal users that provide class-leading service to our customers, but also help our product development team shape the future vision of our products.
There is tremendous growth and career path for this role. The technical design and diagnosis tasks you will face will be complex and will require a strong analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, cross-functional team interactive environment.
Location: Champaign, Illinois; On the University of Illinois campus in the Research Park
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make decisions. Our digital advertising hub enables audience planning, media execution, and real-time analytics from a single login, and provides point-and-click access to more than 150 integrated marketing technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products and services worldwide. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
The recently-opened Turn Innovation Center, located in the University of Illinois Research Park, is Turn’s first engineering office and innovation center outside of the corporate headquarters. The Turn Innovation Center offers the same excitement and challenges working in the fast-paced online advertising industry as Turn’s headquarters, but additionally offers the opportunities for professional and leadership growth of a new and expanding office. The Research Park, consistently ranked as one of the top research parks and tech incubators in the country, offers a variety of social and training events throughout the year. All employees at companies within the Research Park are affiliate members of the University, and receive benefits accordingly (http://www.researchpark.illinois.edu/at-illinois/affiliation-benefits).
Please apply on the Turn Career's website at: http://jobsco.re/1JSXgwS
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.